Go Green when you stay at The Gray
Being kind to our environment has always been a part of our DNA and in addition to all of the behind-the-scenes eco-friendly practices, we wanted to give our guests a green experience to remember.
Partnering with Orbitz and Chicago's Garfield Park Conservatory, we took over five guest rooms and filled them with a plant-based pop-up, each room representing a different theme, to give each traveler a sense of nature in the city.
If you missed the pop-up, not to worry, we're already dreaming up our next way to bring the outdoors in. Until then, we’re supporting the environment during every stay with -
- Our partnership with Clean The World which recycles our unused portions of bar soaps to provide hygiene kits worldwide for impoverished communities and/ or communities recovering from natural disasters
- All guest room light bulbs are energy efficient
- All guest room HVAC units are motion activated limiting unnecessary energy expenditure
- All bathrooms use large, re-fillable shampoo, conditioner and shower gel amenities.
- We participate in active recycling of paper products, plastics, card board, crates, pallets, and other recyclable materials.
- Our restaurants source local food purveyors to reduce carbon emissions of long haul travel; local food vendors provide us with quality products sustained by mindful farming practices.