At Kimpton Gray Hotel, no detail goes unnoticed. We took this philosophy to the next level with our Director of Concierge Services, Bobby Gonzalez. Specializing in curated partnerships and programming, he creates unique experiences and adds a personal touch.
Bobby is an award winning Concierge spanning over several Kimpton hotels.
- A member of Les Clefs d'Or USA, an organization that represents Concierge that are at the pinnacle of the profession: Bobby is an active member of the Chicago Hotel Concierge Association, and enjoys mentoring new members just starting their Concierge journey. He sits on the Communication Committee for both associations managing social media platforms @LesClefsdOr & @AskCHCA.
- An award winner of the IHLA Employee of the Year award for the Chicagoland region, and the Concierge Preferred Jon Winke Rising Star award, voted in by his peers.
Bobby is at your service, and can't wait to welcome you! From teaching your Group how to tie a bow-tie to curating custom themed amenities, Bobby is here to elevate every experience at The Gray. Short a minister or bartender? We have him ordained and trained as well – he really is a jack of all trades.
Bobby’s Key Recommendations
As a member of Les Clefs d’Or, identified by the crossed keys on my lapels, I am participating in a ‘gratitude challenge’ spearheaded by my local section Les Clefs d’Or USA. The Concierge profession is built upon our relationships with the local community, and sending thank you cards is one of our signature attributes. During this time, members are writing letters of encouragement and gratitude to essential businesses across United States. If you’d like to participate, please follow @lesclefsdorusa on Instagram or Facebook and choose any essential business to send a letter of gratitude to! Reminder to seal the envelope with tape or a sponge.
Heading outside to sight-see? Here are my recommendations on what to pack in your backpack/shoulder bag. Stop by the Concierge desk to see what is offered at our in-house ‘Bodega’, too.
- Spare rubber gloves / spare plastic or zip lock bag
- Spare mask
- Bottled of water
- Hand sanitizer / disposable or reusable drinking straw or cutlery
- Disinfectant wipes / tissue
- Portable phone charger / lock / rain poncho
- Granola bar / protein snack / chewing gum or mint
- Feminine hygiene products
- Sunglasses / Lip balm
- Contact information to the Gray (by text 773-869-5047 or by phone 312-750-9012)
Whether it be the solidarity of the Picasso in Daley Plaza wearing a signature Chicago Flag PPE, or the ever stoic lion guardians of the Art Institute of Chicago, or the calmness of the Chicago River, and the strength of the Willis Tower. The city of broad shoulders still stands tall! Several notable Chicago staples are offering one of a kind experiences for takeout too; like Nini’s Deli, Alinea, Kumiko, and Roots Pizza. Inquire with our 24 hour concierge service via text for a curated experience!
For Holiday Specific Recommendations, take a look at our Holiday Events