At Kimpton Gray Hotel, no detail goes unnoticed. We took this philosophy to the next level with our Director of Concierge Services, Bobby Gonzalez. Specializing in curated partnerships and programming, he creates unique experiences and adds a personal touch.
Bobby is an award winning Concierge spanning over several Kimpton hotels.
- A member of Les Clefs d'Or USA, an organization that represents Concierge that are at the pinnacle of the profession: Bobby is an active member of the Chicago Hotel Concierge Association, and enjoys mentoring new members just starting their Concierge journey. He sits on the Communication Committee for both associations managing social media platforms @LesClefsdOr & @AskCHCA.
- An award winner of the IHLA Employee of the Year award for the Chicagoland region, and the Concierge Preferred Jon Winke Rising Star award, voted in by his peers.
Bobby is at your service, and can't wait to welcome you! From teaching your Group how to tie a bow-tie to curating custom themed amenities, Bobby is here to elevate every experience at The Gray. Short a minister? We have him ordained as well – he really is a jack of all trades.
An immersive, multi-sensory art and science popup featuring Yayoi Kusama's infinity mirror room.
Imagine The Moon Adler Planetarium
Adler’s newest sky show explores how the moon has inspired human creativity, learning, and exploration ever since we have looked to the sky. Catch imagine the moon in the newly renovated Grainger sky theater and see the moon in a completely new light!
Hamilton CIBC Theatre
The tony-award winning musical story of America’s founding father Alexander Hamilton, an immigrant from the West Indies who became George Washington’s right-hand man during the revolutionary war and was the new nation’s first treasury.
NBA action, non-stop entertainment and the energy of a sellout crowd! Enjoy the excitement of the Chicago Bulls as they battle in one of the most iconic venues in all of sports - the United Center.
Climb your heart out at Brooklyn Boulders in the West Loop. Kids can take a class and learn the ins and outs of rock climbing. Parents don’t have to be bystanders here; they can join in on the fun.
- Renowned Brazilian street artist Eduardo Kobra has left his mark on our Wicker Park Neighborhood, with a bright and engaging mural featuring late photographer Vivian Maier. Located at 1651 W. North Avenue in Wicker Park.
- Snap a photo in front of the enormous 'Flamingo' mural pictured outside of 'Flamingo Rum Club' located at 601 N. Wells. Bright Pink, bold, and beautiful!
- A play on a 'Greetings from' postcard, capture a memory of Chicago in life size wall art form! Located in Logan Square along the Milwaukee and Prindeville Street.
- Renowned Brazilian street artist Eduardo Kobra strikes again with this rainbow-colored mmural of blues legend Muddy Waters just footsteps from the Kimpton Gray. Muddy Waters gained Chicago fame playing blues clubs on the South and West sides in the 1940s and '50s. Located just at 17 N. State. Street.
- Hero Coffee Bar, is located on a hidden street nestled down private alley named Pickwick Place. Although not wall art specifically, the most adorable location for a cup of coffee and artsy photo opportunity.
Pacific Standard Time
Tasteful and casual, reflecting a hip, California vibe.
Japanese-inspired bar and restaurant with drinks from acclaimed bartender Julia Momose of Oriole.
Chefs Jason Vincent and Ben Lustbader (both from Nightwood) are behind this hip, diminutive Logan Square spot serving seasonal New American fare plus craft cocktails.
Shareable Mediterranean plates and house-baked breads highlight the vegetable-centric menu at this spacious River North locale from Top Chef winner and Intro alum C.J. Jacobson.
Chicago's intimate and delightful cocktail, dining and social club located on Randolph St in the West Loop.
Band of Bohemia
Rooted in the namesake bohemian spirit of collective ingenuity and dedicated to providing an elevated level of cuisine, libations and service.
Take a culinary trip to Vietnam via the Pilsen neighborhood of Chicago. The cuisine is rich in color, flavor, and, in the case of chef Thai Dang's food, also rich in history.
- Duseks & Thalia Hall
- Tied House & Schubas
- Boleo & Hamilton
- Shaw’s & Andy’s for Jazz
- Chicago Firehouse & Buddy Guys Legends (Buddy Guy plays all January)
- Prime and Provisions, seating for up to 75+, arguably one of the best private dining room’s this city has to offer with sweeping Chicago River and iconic skyline views.
- The Gage is located in walking distance of the Gray, an iconic restaurant on Michigan Avenue featuring refined, rustic cuisine in the historic Gage Group Buildings. Steps from Millennium Park and along Chicago's Cultural Mile, The Gage is acclaimed for its exceptional cuisine, craft libations and commitment to outstanding hospitality. Seated events for up to 8-80 guests.
- Quartino provides the perfect setting for birthdays celebrations and special occasions. Quartino can accommodate private parties of 10-120 guests for luncheons, cocktail & antipasti parties, and dinners.
- Fulton Market Kitchen is only steps from Randolph St.'s Restaurant Row, our versatile space can be tailored to accommodate every type and size of event; be it an intimate dinner in our private dining room, an elegant wedding reception, a corporate outing or full venue buyout.
- Girl and the Goat or "The Underground Goat" has been catering to a wide variety of special events from business meetings to engagements and everything in between. The ‘UG’ can accommodate up to 24 guests seated around one large table and up to 26 guests seated around two tables.
- ZED451, voted “Best Private Dining Venue in Chicago” by Illinois Meeting & Events Magazine, offers 18,000 square feet of private and semi-private dining spaces accommodating up to 800 guests while catering to your individual needs. With an intimate lounge and rooftop bar surrounded by unmatched city views, ZED451 is the perfect setting for sophisticated affairs and lively gatherings of all scopes.
Serves artisanal handcrafted doughnuts in classic flavors, and baked fresh daily. I like to call it Dough-nart!
The best things in life are sweet, literally!
Visit Sweet Mandy B's in Lincoln Park for a cupcake and coffee in front of this now famous mural of words you can almost eat off the wall.
local in the vibrant River North neighborhood check out this popular spot for birthdays and bachelorette parties alike, ideal for the Instagram generation, expect Willy Wonka style cocktail presentations!
Three Dots And A Dash
The premier tropical tiki bar and craft cocktail destination hidden below the bustling streets of River North. Finding the secret hideaway is just as fun as the experience itself!
Cindy's is the rooftop restaurant in Chicago boasting panoramic views of Millennium Park, the Art Institute, Lake Michigan, and beyond.