At Kimpton Gray Hotel, no detail goes unnoticed. We took this philosophy to the next level with our Director of Concierge Services, Bobby Gonzalez. Specializing in curated partnerships and programming, he creates unique experiences and adds a personal touch.
Bobby is an award winning Concierge spanning over several Kimpton hotels.
- A member of Les Clefs d'Or USA, an organization that represents Concierge that are at the pinnacle of the profession: Bobby is an active member of the Chicago Hotel Concierge Association, and enjoys mentoring new members just starting their Concierge journey. He sits on the Communication Committee for both associations managing social media platforms @LesClefsdOr & @AskCHCA.
- An award winner of the IHLA Employee of the Year award for the Chicagoland region, and the Concierge Preferred Jon Winke Rising Star award, voted in by his peers.
Bobby is at your service, and can't wait to welcome you! From teaching your Group how to tie a bow-tie to curating custom themed amenities, Bobby is here to elevate every experience at The Gray. Short a minister? We have him ordained as well – he really is a jack of all trades.
- Renowned Brazilian street artist Eduardo Kobra has left his mark on our Wicker Park Neighborhood, with a bright and engaging mural featuring late photographer Vivian Maier. Located at 1651 W. North Avenue in Wicker Park.
- Snap a photo in front of the enormous 'Flamingo' mural pictured outside of 'Flamingo Rum Club' located at 601 N. Wells. Bright Pink, bold, and beautiful!
- A play on a 'Greetings from' postcard, capture a memory of Chicago in life size wall art form! Located in Logan Square along the Milwaukee and Prindeville Street.
- Renowned Brazilian street artist Eduardo Kobra strikes again with this rainbow-colored mmural of blues legend Muddy Waters just footsteps from the Kimpton Gray. Muddy Waters gained Chicago fame playing blues clubs on the South and West sides in the 1940s and '50s. Located just at 17 N. State. Street.
- Hero Coffee Bar, is located on a hidden street nestled down private alley named Pickwick Place. Although not wall art specifically, the most adorable location for a cup of coffee and artsy photo opportunity.
Pacific Standard Time
Tasteful and casual, reflecting a hip, California vibe.
Japanese-inspired bar and restaurant with drinks from acclaimed bartender Julia Momose of Oriole.
Chefs Jason Vincent and Ben Lustbader (both from Nightwood) are behind this hip, diminutive Logan Square spot serving seasonal New American fare plus craft cocktails.
Shareable Mediterranean plates and house-baked breads highlight the vegetable-centric menu at this spacious River North locale from Top Chef winner and Intro alum C.J. Jacobson.
Chicago's intimate and delightful cocktail, dining and social club located on Randolph St in the West Loop.
Band of Bohemia
Rooted in the namesake bohemian spirit of collective ingenuity and dedicated to providing an elevated level of cuisine, libations and service.
Take a culinary trip to Vietnam via the Pilsen neighborhood of Chicago. The cuisine is rich in color, flavor, and, in the case of chef Thai Dang's food, also rich in history.
- Prime and Provisions, seating for up to 75+, arguably one of the best private dining room’s this city has to offer with sweeping Chicago River and iconic skyline views.
- The Gage is located in walking distance of the Gray, an iconic restaurant on Michigan Avenue featuring refined, rustic cuisine in the historic Gage Group Buildings. Steps from Millennium Park and along Chicago's Cultural Mile, The Gage is acclaimed for its exceptional cuisine, craft libations and commitment to outstanding hospitality. Seated events for up to 8-80 guests.
- Quartino provides the perfect setting for birthdays celebrations and special occasions. Quartino can accommodate private parties of 10-120 guests for luncheons, cocktail & antipasti parties, and dinners.
- Fulton Market Kitchen is only steps from Randolph St.'s Restaurant Row, our versatile space can be tailored to accommodate every type and size of event; be it an intimate dinner in our private dining room, an elegant wedding reception, a corporate outing or full venue buyout.
- Girl and the Goat or "The Underground Goat" has been catering to a wide variety of special events from business meetings to engagements and everything in between. The ‘UG’ can accommodate up to 24 guests seated around one large table and up to 26 guests seated around two tables.
- ZED451, voted “Best Private Dining Venue in Chicago” by Illinois Meeting & Events Magazine, offers 18,000 square feet of private and semi-private dining spaces accommodating up to 800 guests while catering to your individual needs. With an intimate lounge and rooftop bar surrounded by unmatched city views, ZED451 is the perfect setting for sophisticated affairs and lively gatherings of all scopes.
- Everest, Elegant 40th floor eatery in the Chicago Stock Exchange. Offering world-renowned French cuisine, Everest's menu features the finest seasonal fare and a superb wine collection. Order Chef Joho's acclaimed seven-course degustation menu, the seven-course vegetarian degustation menu, or select from the three and four course pre fixe menus.
Interesting / Eclectic Dining:
- Bellemore, Located in the West Loop, Bellemore aims to define the category of "Artistic American" in both cuisine and décor. Outstanding food within an incredible atmosphere.
- Aba, a Mediterranean restaurant with a rooftop patio located in Chicago's historic Fulton Market District. This is Chef CJ Jacobson's second restaurant with Lettuce Entertain You, and is an extension of Ema (mother in Hebrew) in River North. Aba, meaning father in Hebrew, incorporates a light style of cooking with a large emphasis on raw and cooked protein. The bar program is crafted by Lead Mixologist Liz Pearce and showcases rare Mediterranean-inspired wines and spirits.
- Maple & Ash, an innovative take on the traditional steakhouse – mixing a modern aesthetic with authentic service to deliver classic wood-fired dishes. With a sumptuous menu crafted by two-Michelin-star Chef Danny Grant and a wine list named "one of the most outstanding in the world" by Wine Spectator, Maple & Ash finds a way to celebrate every moment!
- Roka Akor, Japanese fine dining restaurant that offers the unparalleled combination of thoughtful design and contemporary Robata Japanese cuisine. The restaurant's name is derived from two words: RO and KA. The meaning of the first word is hearth, a gathering place where people socialize and take in the ambiance; the latter stands for a burning fire and projecting energy.
VU Rooftop Bar
One of the best views of the city from any side, this South Side Rooftop is a rarity. A perfect spot for drinks before or after White Sox and Bear Games. TVs, fire pits and comfy lounge seating mixed with a high end cocktail program and small plate menu. What's not to love?
A short walk from The Gray, this casual upscale rooftop over looks breathtaking views of Millennium Park and The Great Lake Michigan! Stone fire pits illuminate the glass solarium that houses the dining room. The menu is local, changes with the season and always spectacular.
The newest rooftop from acclaimed Chef Stefanie Izard and the Boka Group. Peruvian small plates and a casual atmosphere make Cabra worth a trip. Viewing the city, from the West, while enjoying some of the best bites is an experience not to be missed.
Located, in the historic London Guarantee & Accident Building, on the corner of Michigan Avenue and Upper Wacker. This Rooftop has views of the Lake, the River and almost all the styles of architecture in the city. Enjoy the American small plates but stay for the cocktails!
Meaning 'little dream' offers Rustic Italian dishes on one of the city's best patios. Seriously, summer in Chicago is not complete until you dine outside and experience the true authentic Italian at this place. Did I mention the wine is as good as the food?
West Loop - Who could say no to Pizza, beer and warm summer breezes on an awesome outdoor patio! Definitely, a scene that can get a bit loud when the Cubs are winning but we love this place. Get the calamari and Margarita pizza!
RM Champagne Salon
A speakeasy at the end of a cobble stone alley and once you get inside a bright lively French Bistro. Prohibition era atmosphere serving upscale cocktails, champagnes and classic Parisian fair such as steak frites and cheeses. The place Al Capon would have frequented if RM existed in that time line.
High energy and upscale Steak House. The sashimi and wagyu are two of the many reasons to dine here. The atmosphere is electric and compliments the cocktail menu. Vibrant flavors and an incredible wine list will have you coming back repeatedly.
Summer in the city is here. Live bands daily and a terrific selection of wine and local brews. Watch boats sail by down the lazy river and just relax.
The River provides the views, Tiny Hat provides the local alcohol and creates an unforgettable atmosphere.
Beatnik on The River
Think the hotel Tangiers in Morocco but in Chicago on the River. Lounge like Moroccan Royalty and enjoy the finer things in life with a view.
Large upscale Steak House offering some of the best river dinning views in the city. Great chops and Seafood paired with a wonderful wine and cocktail menu. A great place to socialize!