At Kimpton Gray Hotel, no detail goes unnoticed. We took this philosophy to the next level with our Director of Concierge Services, Bobby Gonzalez. Specializing in curated partnerships and programming, he creates unique experiences and adds a personal touch.
Bobby is an award winning Concierge spanning over several Kimpton hotels.
- A member of Les Clefs d'Or USA, an organization that represents Concierge that are at the pinnacle of the profession: Bobby is an active member of the Chicago Hotel Concierge Association, and enjoys mentoring new members just starting their Concierge journey. He sits on the Communication Committee for both associations managing social media platforms @LesClefsdOr & @AskCHCA.
- An award winner of the IHLA Employee of the Year award for the Chicagoland region, and the Concierge Preferred Jon Winke Rising Star award, voted in by his peers.
Bobby is at your service, and can't wait to welcome you! From teaching your Group how to tie a bow-tie to curating custom themed amenities, Bobby is here to elevate every experience at The Gray. Short a minister or bartender? We have him ordained and trained as well – he really is a jack of all trades.
Bobby’s Key Recommendations
As Covid-19 continues to impact the hospitality industry, supporting local businesses remains at the core of our values and social responsibility. The following lists are celebrated cocktail programs by local bartenders that offer a unique to-go cocktail experience that can be enjoyed in the comfort of your own room. Stop in to support!
Heading outside to sight-see? Here are my recommendations on what to pack in your backpack/shoulder bag. Stop by the Concierge desk to see what is offered at our in-house ‘Bodega’, too.
- Spare rubber gloves / spare plastic or zip lock bag
- Spare mask
- Bottled of water
- Hand sanitizer / disposable or reusable drinking straw or cutlery
- Disinfectant wipes / tissue
- Portable phone charger / lock / rain poncho
- Granola bar / protein snack / chewing gum or mint
- Feminine hygiene products
- Sunglasses / Lip balm
- Contact information to the Gray (by text 773-869-5047 or by phone 312-750-9012)
Rep the Windy City with pride! In walking distance of the Gray, there are locations nearby where you can find a Chicago inspired mask.
- Tie Bar, located on the ground level of the Kimpton Gray.
- Walgreens, 151 North State. Street
Curious of who is responsibly open and accepting walk-ins/reservations during the current times. Here is a listed of trusted businesses located within walking distance of the Kimpton Gray.
- The Florentine: 151 West Adams, 2nd floor of the JW Marriot (open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Goddess & the Baker: 181 W. Madison Street (open for breakfast and lunch)
- Roanoke: 135 W. Madison Street (open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- The Gage: 24 S. Michigan Avenue (open for lunch and dinner)
- Miller’s Pub: 134 S. Wabash Avenue (open for brunch, lunch and dinner)