At Kimpton Gray Hotel, no detail goes unnoticed. We took this philosophy to the next level with our Director of Concierge Services, Bobby Gonzalez. Specializing in curated partnerships and programming, he creates unique experiences and adds a personal touch.
Bobby is an award winning Concierge spanning over several Kimpton hotels.
- A member of Les Clefs d'Or USA, an organization that represents Concierge that are at the pinnacle of the profession: Bobby is an active member of the Chicago Hotel Concierge Association, and enjoys mentoring new members just starting their Concierge journey. He sits on the Communication Committee for both associations managing social media platforms @LesClefsdOr & @AskCHCA.
- An award winner of the IHLA Employee of the Year award for the Chicagoland region, and the Concierge Preferred Jon Winke Rising Star award, voted in by his peers.
Bobby is at your service, and can't wait to welcome you! From teaching your Group how to tie a bow-tie to curating custom themed amenities, Bobby is here to elevate every experience at The Gray. Short a minister or bartender? We have him ordained and trained as well – he really is a jack of all trades.
Bobby’s Key Recommendations
Summer in the city is here. Live bands daily and a terrific selection of wine and local brews. Watch boats sail by down the lazy river and just relax.
The River provides the views, Tiny Hat provides the local alcohol and creates an unforgettable atmosphere.
Beatnik on The River
Think the hotel Tangiers in Morocco but in Chicago on the River. Lounge like Moroccan Royalty and enjoy the finer things in life with a view.
Large upscale Steak House offering some of the best river dinning views in the city. Great chops and Seafood paired with a wonderful wine and cocktail menu. A great place to socialize!
- Flora Fauna - a locally owned tropical fare restaurant in the heart of the bustling River North neighborhood.
- St. Clair Supper Club - a new Wisconsin-style supper club in the basement of trending Fulton Market restaurant, Roister.
- Portofino - An Italian Riviera themed space featuring sparkling beverages, coal fired seafood, and pizzas.
- Cabra - the latest from Chef Stephanie Izard, a rooftop + lounge inspired by South American influences.
- The Gage - inventive American eats with a luxe list of beers in a lively space with Millennium Park views.
- The Dearborn - stylish American hangout serving market-driven eats & cocktails in handsome architectural digs.
- Roanoke - sophisticated hotel lounge + restaurant with craft cocktails, beers, comfort food and TV’s.
- Revival Food Hall - a boutique, industrial-chic food hall and bar with counter serve outposts of popular Chicago eateries.
- Good Fortune - Mediterranean-inspired restaurant with a wood-fired oven in a setting with a stylish design.
- Miller’s Pub - Chicago institution since 1935 serving up traditional American grub & Irish Coffees in warm spaces.
- Best Intentions - Creative Mexican & Tex-Mex fare & craft cocktails in a stylized warehouse setting with two bars.
- Scofflaw - Sophisticated spot with Cuban flair serving rum cocktails & craft beer in a 1927 art deco building.
- Blind Barber – A funky, shave & haircut shop, opens as a 70’s themed bar with cocktails, DJ, and fried eats.
- Masa Azul - a contemporary cantina offering modern Mexican fare & gourmet tacos plus artisanal tequila.
- Nacional 27 – enjoy modern Latin cuisine and dance to Havana style music from DJ’s and live bands (weekend only).
- Heavy Feather – taste retro cocktails mixed in a chic, throwback space with brass accents and greenery. Open late!
- Disco – Energetic club for cocktails, bottle service, rotating DJs & a wall-to-wall LED dance floor! Open late!
For Holiday Specific Recommendations, take a look at our Holiday Events